Monday, October 21, 2013

Lift and Separate


An article in USA Today reported that Playtex has come out with a more contemporary line of bras in hopes of gaining younger consumers and increasing sales.

Recently, I went bra shopping and was surprised at the latest styles. One style was memory foam. Is this really a good idea for the woman who has to lift her breast up off the floor before she puts on her bra? No woman wants to put on a bra and have it fall to the floor for her to step into. A bra should lift them up so no woman walks around hunched over all day. It’s bad for the back.

I have a memory foam mattress which is great as it draws the invisible line down the beds center, keeping hubby on his side of the bed. Memory foam for a bed is good. Memory foam for a bra is not good.

One bra had a tag which read ‘Funny Shapes Fixed.’ Would advertisers would be so cruel and heartless to put such a label on a package of men’s underwear?

There was a mother and daughter in the fitting room next to me and the daughter was trying on bras. I know because I heard the mother using phrases like, “It won’t give much support,” and “You need more coverage.” The girl and I emerged from the dressing room at the same time. I looked at her and thought… she’s young. Memory foam bras were made for her.

I paid for my bras and the physical support guaranteed and then went home to get emotional support from my husband. Those memory foam bras can leave an emotional scar.

No comments:

Post a Comment